What we do is our passion at Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA we specialist with individuals and families in crisis, we see many people suffering from anxiety, addiction, depression and interpersonal struggles, our passion led us to be certified in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), treatment reducing vivid, unwanted, repeated thoughts, panic, urges and anxiety. We are honored to be your guide in removing the suffering. We offer court approved co-parenting, parenting and anger management. Remember that some techniques a therapist has may not work for you if so we are not offended as we have 6 different styles of therapists to offer you, so please request a different therapist if you find the one you are working with is not fitting your style, as we all want you to feel better, whatever it takes for that to happen we work as a TEAM here. We also work with a wide range of insurances. We are honored to be your healing guide through what ever life has brought to your table. We work as a healing TEAM and consult when needed to improve your symptom quickly and welcome you to have each of your family choose a therapist as we enjoy working with entire family.
We specialize with military families, deployment challenges, adjustment issues. We also specialize with children from autism, depression, aggression and defiant. Treating individuals, couples and families, Solution focused, cognitive, dialectical behavioral therapy and FDA approved Cranial Electric Stimulation holistic treatment without medication unless all else fails.
Our unique holistic approach to wellness target symptoms for quick relief which may result in trying CES unit for 30 days or Neuro-Feedback. The patience and subtle skills of an experienced counselor/coach can help you understand things from a new perspective and provides you tools to appreciate life in a new, more functional way. Sometimes out of the box thinking is difficult for you to hear but give us try for 6 weeks and you will not be disappointed.
We specialize in trauma, military families, deployment challenges, adjustment issues. We also specialize with children from autism, depression, aggression and defiant. Treating individuals, couples and families, Solution focused, cognitive, dialectical behavioral therapy and FDA approved Cranial Electric Stimulation holistic treatment with the goal of relieving your suffering. Affordable counseling, San Diego Family Counseling. We also have Online Booking System. Schedule appointment online now.
Our Areas of Focus and Experience With Adolescents Include:
- Anxiety and Stress Management
- Anger, Aggression, and Defiance
- Depression and Suicidal Thoughts
- School Difficulties
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Physical, Sexual, and Verbal Abuse
- Grief and Loss
- Divorce and Separation
- Family Conflict
- Problems with Peers
- Self Harming Behaviors
- Foster Care, and Adoption
Adolescence can be a very difficult time for teenagers and their families. It is at this stage of development that issues of independence, identity, and sexuality are confronted. This is also a time of rapid growth and adjustment which can come with an increased level of turmoil. As young men and women begin to transition into adulthood they can often face issues of withdrawal, depression, aggression, and lack of self-esteem.
Adolescent psychotherapy provides teens with the space to discuss their problems outside the scope of their family system. This alone can make a powerful impact because of the adolescent’s need for independence. Working with adolescents requires an overlap between the interventions used with children and adults. We assess each adolescent to determine what interventions will be most effective for that individual.
We have found that the teens we’ve worked with respond well to our genuine interest in their lives and our therapeutic relationship can be a great resource during this developmental phase where they are establishing their independence from their families but still in need of guidance and support.
Parents also play a key role in their teen’s therapy. Even though we value our individual work with youth, we have found that the most profound changes can come from the collateral work that is done with their parents.
Our unique holistic approach to wellness target symptoms for quick relief. The patience and subtle skills of an experienced counselor/coach can help you understand things from a new perspective and provides you tools to appreciate life in a new, more functional way.
At least 118 clinical studies on effectiveness of CES on anxiety, addiction, depression and sleep restoring healthy brain chemistry, re-balances through bilateral square wave energy field theory. Within days you begin feeling better. We want you to get better soon. That is why there is a 60 day money back guarantee.
To be your community behavioral healthcare clinic leading the way in client care. Utilizing tools that are FDA approved to improve symptoms of depression, anxiety and sleep. We are inspired by people like John Dupuy the founder of Intergral Recovery, here is a a bio on him. John Dupuy is a native of Texas and grew up in Latin America. John is a veteran of the United States Army, where he served in Europe as a military police investigator. John has a Bachelor’s degree from Texas State University in Modern Languages (German and Spanish) and a Master of Arts degree in Transpersonal Psychology from John F. Kennedy University. John is the founder of Integral Recovery, has published various articles on the subject, and in 2013, his book Integral Recovery: A Revolutionary Approach to the Treatment of Alcoholism and Addiction was published by SUNY Press, later to win the 2013 USA Best Book Award. As stated when John Dupuy describes the CES technology used in his Integral Addiction Recovery Program he states CES is designed to help re-balance the brain. At least 118 clinical studies on effectiveness of CES on anxiety, addiction, depression and sleep restoring healthy brain chemistry, re-balances through bilateral square wave energy field theory. Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA
“Unequivocal Positive Results in Every Case with Negligible Exceptions. Approximately 95% of my private practice patients are in possession of their own personal CES device which I have found to be most effective and beneficial treatments over standard pharmaceutical treatment” according to Brain Earthman, MD, Psychiatrist, Major USAR, Medical Director Electrometrical Products International, Inc.
“Neurological Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee to the FDA on Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulator (CES) Reclassification Meeting on February 10, 2012 indicated that the largest customer for AlphaStim CES is DOD. Military use of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES)” according to Dr. Stein’s Testimonial request expedited review of CES reclassification as CES is currently being utilize in Army, Navy and VA hospitals. He stated that Enormous Target Populations, many drug resistant patients, many drug addicted patients would benefit greatly if CES technology could be more widely utilized in the psychiatric community.
Utilize best practices that is result driven for example, Traditional neurofeedback which is similar to weight training, where you work specific muscle groups, in brain you are training one or more specific brain waves in a targeted area of the brain based on operant conditioning to help retrain the brain waves to optimal levels. Within this type of neurofeedback involves low-frequency sounds and involves prepackaged neurofeedback equipment for audio-visual entertainment (AVE), which has blinking lights that can cause seizures. Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA
EEG Neuro-Feedback software and sending CD home with patient with bilateral sounds to assist in increasing symptom reduction. Brainwave Entertainment Meditation, one of the essential practices in an ongoing, lifelong mind and body change.
Family Counseling San Diego –
Welcomes Our New Therapists To the Team.
We want to welcome, Joseph Whitcomb, MA, LMFT. He graduated from Pepperdine University in 2007 and is a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist – LMFT51093. Recently he has devoted himself working with couples, relationships, PTSD and those who “rage against the dying of the light.” His area of expertise consists in helping with difficulties in relationships & social relationships. Such difficulties include finding and sustaining healthy intimacy, healing from a painful break-up or divorce, school-related problems, recovering from major loss, and growing up in difficult circumstances. He is particularly suited to helping those who have cultivated their intellects and creativity but would now like to develop a greater awareness of their emotional world. He is an attachment-based, emotionally focused therapist. His approach, “I’m far from being the silent, blank therapist. I think my approach provides the richest and most depth and exploration of how we love, work, and play. I consider myself more of a process consultant and co-journeyman.” He has developed brief 12-24 session relationship programs and intensives for couples to breakthrough the upper limit barriers that block them from experiences the love and intimacy both crave. Check out Jo Whitcomb book: “Reboot Your Relationship: Restoring Love Through Real Connection in a Disconnected World”
Substance Abuse Education/Group – COURT and PROBATION APPROVED
“STARTING THIS MONTH SUNDAYS AT NOON AT STE 131”
Our group classes are typically 12 weeks long but can be adjusted to more sessions for those that need them up to 52 weeks. All programs are open ended. This means there is no specific start date or end date. You may begin class anytime you wish! Every participant in class will use a client workbook. Our model is a cognitive behavioral and psycho-educational approach to working with anger related issues and problems. Unlike a psychotherapy group, our classes will focus on a different skill or tool each week. Each of these tools is from our client workbook and participants will be required to either read or follow along during class. The classes are meant to be a fun, engaging, didactic learning experience. We will typically discuss and practice a new skill on a weekly basis and clients will be asked to practice these skills as homework assignments.
Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenages works hard to improve your quality of life.
Skills covered in the classes include:
1. Communication and Listening
2. Stress Management
3. Empathy and Emotional Intelligence
4. How to have better judgment and impulse control
6. Learn to Respond instead of React
7. Learning to retreat and think things over
8. Expectation management
9. Improve self-talk and optimistic thinking
Our courses are ideal for couples, individuals, business professionals, court referrals, and those seeking to improve skills in anger and stress management. Most of us know that anger can ruin relationships. Why wait until your anger has destroyed a meaningful relationship? Get the help you need today and complete what the court or probation officer has requested.
Co-Parenting / Extreme Co-Parenting Group/Class approved for probation and San Diego Superior Court.
Possible Topics during sessions.
- Decision: Do we remember why we originally wanted to get clean and sober? Have we found additional reasons? How do we make sobriety our priority?
- Body: Can we make progress in addressing concerns about our bodies and our mental health?
- Exposure: Have we done the best we can to minimize our exposure? Or are we being reckless about getting into trigger situations and neglecting our reminders?
- Activities: Can we make progress in learning to do life’s activities clean and sober, and in starting up new activities that interest us? Or are we barely functional or doing very little different from when we were drinking/using?
- People: Have we worked out who are the friends and who are the opponents of our recovery, and can we make progress in improving our relationships? Or are we spending too much time with people who are a drag on our recovery, and not enough with people who care for us as sober persons?
- Feelings: Can we succeed in building more clean and sober pleasure into our lives. Can we identify and deal with our trigger feelings, and do we feel better about our emotional lives? Or are we treating recovery as a punishment or retreating into numbness?
- Lifestyle: Can we pinpoint our major lifestyle issues and can we make progress in repairing damage that addiction did to our lifestyle? Or have we resigned ourselves to the way things were and given up trying to solve real-life problems?
- History: Have we reviewed our personal history and come to an understanding of what part of our life was us, and what part was our addiction? Do we have a clearer sense of who we are, where we came from, and where we are going.
- Culture: Can we recognize the sources of support and the problems areas for our recovery within our culture, and have we begun to figure out our roles in it?
- Treatment: Have we made the necessary decisions about treatment and support groups, and do we know how to get what we need from these resources.
- Relapse: Do we understand the structures of relapse and do we recognize what might undermine our recovery? Do we have a better sense of ourselves, .and do we monitor ourselves frequently for early warning signs. Have we prepared ourselves to eject immediately in case of relapse?
- Plans: How do we develop our Personal Recovery Plans for the short and long term
ANGER MANAGEMENT GROUP: The eight tools of anger management include:
- Tool One — Dealing with stress. This tool teaches skills in effective stress management strategies to help reduce physical, mental and emotional signs of stress.
- Tool Two — Empathy Development. Teaches skills in emotional intelligence and empathy. Empathy is the ability to feel what another person feels. Empathy skills reduce anger responses.
- Tool Three — Respond instead of React. Teaches ways to deal with situations using better judgement and impulse control. Not reacting to situations can often be a valuable tool in dealing with difficult situations or people.
- Tool Four — Change Self-Talk. Changing self-talk can help us become more positive as well as develop more positive outcomes in our lives. Proven techniques and methods explored
- Tool Five — Assertive Communication. An exploration of harmful communication styles and a detailed discussion of the effectiveness of being assertive. Training in expressing feelings and needs.
- Tool Six — Adjust Those Expectations. Managing expectations can help reduce frustration. Clients are exposed to 5 skills for managing expectations more effectively
- Tool Seven — Forgive, but don’t forget. This chapter explores effective ways for forgiving others while not giving up your rights as a person.
- Tool Eight — Retreat and Think Things Over. This chapter explores the “freeze frame” technique as well as the concept of “staying in the box” to calm down.
Domestic Violence Court and Probation Approved.
The STOP Program created by Dr. David B. Wexler, Ph.D. training model has been acclaimed internationally for outstanding integration of contemporary theory, research, and practice in the complex and quickly-changing world of DV intervention. This conference integrates the leading figures in the field and presents the information in a powerful, comprehensive, and always engaging style! The STOP Program: 40-Hour Calif. DV Treatment Provider Certification Training. Approved by the State of Nevada Committee on Domestic Violence.
Selected workshop days may be attended separately!
This workshop provides a complete overview of the field of domestic violence, with specific training in group treatment and intervention. This program meets the state requirements for certification of treatment providers at approved agencies.
- DAY ONE: “Behind The Scenes”
Offers a comprehensive view of the origins of domestic violence, the typologies of male batterers, and creative strategies for reaching even the most difficult and defended men.
- DAY TWO: “Nuts & Bolts”
Outlines The STOP Program (3rd edition), the internationally-recognized group treatment program that integrates self-psychological treatment interventions with education about the politics of abuse and comprehensive skills training. Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA
- DAY THREE: “Diversity Issues”
Overview of DV and diversity issues/Generating interventions well-matched for minority culture offenders and victims.
- DAY FOUR: “The Big Picture” “Substance Abuse & Relationship Abuse”
The latest research on the relationship between substance abuse and domestic violence— and what to do about it. Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA
- DAY FIVE: “Coordinated Community Response”
Selected guest faculty from throughout the San Diego legal and law enforcement community.
- DAY SIX: “Victims of Domestic Violence”
Provides an inside look at the experience of DV victims, including special training on male victims and kids who witness DV–and a unique prevention on the groundbreaking Adverse Childhood Experiences research.
ALL new forensic evaluations have been discontinued.
Request for a review of records or a letter of diagnosis and progress cost is $50 per page.
Contact us today at 760-498-1053
Free phone consultation anytime. Take control over your life.
Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager
- CALIFORNIA SMOKERS’ HELPLINE, UC SAN DIEGO HEALTH
Phone: 800-662-8887 (English); 800- 456-6386 (Spanish); 800-400-0866 (Mandarin & Cantonese); 800-556-5564 – The California Smokers’ Helpline (1-800-NO-BUTTS) is a free statewide quit smoking service operated by the University of California San Diego’s Moore’s Cancer Center. The Helpline offers self-help materials, referral to local programs, and one-on-one, telephone counseling to quit smoking. Helpline…
- LUNG HELPLINE, AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION IN CALIFORNIA
Phone: (800) 586-4872 – Call the FREE Lung HelpLine to talk to a lung health expert about your lung health. If you are newly diagnosed with asthma, COPD, lung cancer, pulmonary fibrosis or pulmonary hypertension the Lung HelpLine can explain the disease, help you get answers about what comes next, explain what your options…
- NAMI SAN DIEGO HELPLINE Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA
Phone: (619) 543-1434 – Help starts here. Staffed by peers and family members, NAMI San Diego’s Family & Peer Support Helpline offers free, safe, confidential information, referrals, support and an empathetic ear for individuals with lived mental health experience and their loved ones….
- SELF-HELP AND SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR SHOPLIFTING PREVENTION Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA
Phone: (800) 848-9595 – Offers home study educational rehabilitation programs for both adults and youth. The adult home study program course is available in Spanish as well as English. The youth home study program is designed for youth who are already involved in shoplifting. Telephone Coaching is available to shoplifters …
- SUPPORT SERVICES FOR SURVIVORS OF SUICIDE LOSS Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Phone: (619) 482-0297 – Provides self-help support to those who have lost a loved one, relative, or friend to suicide. Support groups are held at various locations throughout the county. Telephone-based support is also available. Educational packets and a newsletter are available online or via mail….
- WARM LINE, MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEMS, INC Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Phone: (619) 295-1055 – Warm Line is a friendly telephone support line, answered by trained consumers which listens to concerns, offer referrals and provide understanding to the caller’s perspectives. This is a non-crisis and non-emergency phone service….Family Counseling San Diego EMDR Addiction Trauma Couples Teenager VA